Wednesday 29 September 2021

Telco Iphone SE 2nd Gen 2020

 

My Experience in buying Iphone XE today ( 28th September 2021). Why i bought it from Digi as a standard Package which cost me around RM2005 in total which includes Plan 120 which comes with unlimited calls and Sms and with 65GB data. 



Well I had a requirement to purchase this model for some reason however unfortunately although this model had its 2nd generation released somewhere around 2020. Now as of todays date, this phone is highly or likely not being available with many service providers such as Celcom, U mobile , Digi and Maxis. 


I tried to call almost all of them for the past 2 weeks however the journey was termendeous as i have learned some technology that existed which i did not knew available such as VOLTE.  ( well i shall talk about VOLTE in another blog if time permits)


The problem with many providers is that the stock available listing is not really transparent to public therefore here goes my experience.


1. I called first provider - took me few calls from morning till in the afternoon i manage to get them, however they took me around not understanding about their own package and after wasting around 40 mins online finally the result NO STOCK - lesson that never learnt by the customer service - why not check for the stock before talking to customer when customer already told the intention.

2. 2nd telco - i call them, 1st cust service told me - yes you buy the package with the phone and the phone is yours and no penalty, day 2 - before i go the outlet tried to call then another cust serv picked up, this time she told me similar to the first but then phone not available, 3rd cust -serv i called , told me that phone available but limited. 

Well out of stupidity i asked them can i have the outlet phone number or neither can you check for me, the answer was we can't check. - THAT LEFT ME THINKING that i would be efficient since they control the reseller or dealer then why no access on availability of stock .ERMMMMM

3. 3rd Telco - This telco was even better - this time i browsed and saw the phone availability and headed to the center during my lunch time , irony took me 10mins to drive there where my lunch break for one 1hr only. Best part when i ask at the entrance the cust serv told me and query please queue up , take ticket then wait for your turn. I even told her that i just want to check if the model is available, the answer I DO NO unless you check inside. OK

So what i did i waited dummily for 45 mins and then got my turn to go inside, the moment i ask the first question , is the phone model available, the answer was NOT AVAILABLE

what can we learn here - 10mins journey plus 10 sec question with no answer - i dont have to waste my time.

4 - 4th telco - this time i can tell this telco is DIGI proudly although i been stuck with Maxis for 20years.  Called digi almost similar package and similar experience with cust serv. BUT THEY HAD KIOSK AND DIGI CENTER WHATSAPP CONTACTS FOR MOST OF THEIR STORE WHERE THEY CATERGORIZE BY REGION. I PICKED THE ONE NEAR MY HOUSE and asked if the model is available and the answer was YES. from my house to the location took me 10mins, signup and purchase device and plan took me 30mins DONE.


LESSON LEARNING FOR TELCO PROVIDER

1. BE TRANSPARENT TO CUSTOMER

2. MAKE SURE DON'T LET CUSTOMER QUEUE FOR NO REASON AT LEAST HAVE USHERS TO GUIDE AND ASK IF CUSTOMER CAME FOR THE RIGHT REASON.

3. LIST YOUR DEVICE AVAILABILITY BASED ON STORES AND NOT JUST STATE LIMITED AND AVAILABLE

4. MAKE SURE CUST SERV ARE ON THE RIGHT PAGE LIKE TAKING NOTES ABOUT CUSTOMER QUERIES SO THAT WHEN THE SAME CUSTOMER CALLS THE 2ND CUST SERV MIGHT NOT COOK UP NEW STORIES

5. WHEN CUSTOMER WAITING TO BE ATTENDED IS WISE TO TELL THEM HOW MANY CUSTOMER INFRONT THEM THEREFORE SWIFT DECISION TO CALL BACK CAN BE DONE AND NOT LOOSING MONEY WAITING ONLINE. 

6. THIS IS A GOOD ONE - I CALLED THIS TELCO, TOLD THEM I WANT NEW NUMBER AND WANT TO PURCHASE PHONE- THE CUST SERV ASK ME CAN YOU CALL ANOTHER NUMBER WHICH IS 1800 XXXXXXX WHICH IS CHARGEABLE, I A XXXXXX POSTPAID WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO CALL 1800, WELL INSTEAD DIVERTING ME LIKE THIS WHY NOT THEY TRANSFER ME TO THE CORRECT DEPARTMENT BECAUSE I'M A POTENTIAL CUSTOMER WHERE POSSIBLE THIS TELCO MIGHT MAKE 2K DURING MY SIGNUP.. daaaaaaa


weLL i hope you are entetained with my story above..

No comments:

Post a Comment